Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pizza Stuffed Shells



It was an interesting day today...Garry was at work and I had no idea what to make with the few supplies we had left.  I was browsing through some ideas and came across this one...pizza stuffed shells.  Sure, why not?  Only problem was I had no recipe...this was from my own head.  So I very tentatively began to cook.


The results?  Really good actually! 


Since this was from my brain I was kinda winging it and I don't know exact measurements but I'll do my best to guesstimate.


Ingredients
Serving size: 2

  • 6 jumbo stuffed shells
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella 
  • 1/4 cup cheddar
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 TBSP flour
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 12 slices of pepperoni
Instructions

1. Cook the jumbo shells as directed on the package

2. In a skillet, mix the two cheeses and the milk together, using a whisk on medium heat.  Let the mixture bubble for a minute to thicken the sauce.

3. In a separate pan crack the egg and mix together the black pepper and nutmeg.  Once the cheese mixture is thick, mix it together with the egg, black pepper, and nutmeg.

4.  Once the mixture is a sauce, add the flour and whisk together.

5. Pick up each shell and use a spoon to put the cheese sauce into the shell (2 scoops is plenty) then place two pepperoni into the shell.  

6. Place each shell on a baking pan.  Heat the oven to 350

7. Cook the shells for 10 minutes and then remove.  Serve with tomato sauce, Parmesan, and basil

Yummy!  My own creation too...I was absolutely improvising for the fact that we had no ricotta-eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment