Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken A La Fail


Well, day one is getting off on a really bad foot...I found this recipe for glaze on pork loins and wanted to try it on chicken because it looked good.  I guess that was my first mistake.  I should have done it with beef.  But my real mistake was letting the brown sugar cook too quickly.  So rather than having a spicy caramelized awesomeness I got...burnt...crap...


The picture, as unappetizing as it looks, makes it look 100 times better than it tasted.  I ate maybe 1/10th of it and had to stop...it just tasted like...burnt crap.


Needless to say I'm disappointed with myself right now...I know I can do better and I have...but I'm trying to remind myself that this is a learning experience.  I guess I'm just disappointed because my blog's first day didn't turn out glorious with a wonderful recipe or anything...but I guess that's pretty descriptive of life.


Garry ate it all though...but to save me from starvation he made me a tuna sandwich...I love that man so much


So I won't even bother putting the recipe for this...just a word of warning...make sure you pay attention when you're cooking brown sugar. 


In good news, I do have all next week's meals planned out!  To save money we're having beef one night and chicken one night...the rest is vegetarian dishes.  I'll post my week's dishes on Saturday then on Sunday we're going shopping (budget is MAX $50 but $20-30 would be superb) and I begin cooking and then real magic happens.


Tomorrow's dish is also a mystery to me...I know it will include beef and potatoes of some kind but that's it.  We'll see...hopefully it goes better than today's!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry day one didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. But despite what you think - this IS a great way to start an adventure. When the first step is a misstep things can only get better. :)

    ReplyDelete