Friday, October 7, 2011

Kat's Chunky Cheesy Mashed Potatoes


Surprise!  No beef today.  I actually started the potatoes, pulled out the beef and it smelled...funky.  I took it over to Garry who smelt it and immediately said it was bad.  So...plan B.


"We have turkey in the fridge..."
"What kind of turkey?"
"Lunch meat....we'll just have sandwiches and mashed potatoes"


I assume everyone knows how to make a sandwich so today I'm going to focus on the potatoes...which are insanely easy too but I made them without any recipe at all.  I just threw things together...so I can give you a list of what I used in the mashed potatoes but no measurements because I was pretty much just eye balling it the whole time.

Thus I dub thee: Kat's Chunky Cheesy Mashed Potatoes


Ingredients

  • Potatoes
  • Milk
  • Whipping Cream
  • Cheese
  • Butter
  • Minced garlic
  • Minced onion
  • Black pepper
  • Salt
Instructions
  1. Cut up your desired amount of potatoes into chunks and throw them into a pot.  Cover them with water and bring to a boil.
  2. Turn the heat down to medium and let the potatoes cook for 10-20 minutes, occasionally poking them with a fork to gage softness.  Once they are your desired softness, drain them.
  3. Add the milk, whipping cream, cheese, butter, garlic, onions, black pepper, and salt into the potatoes.
  4. In order to make the potatoes chunky (because I prefer them that way and because we don't have anything better) use a fork and begin smashing the potatoes and mixing the ingredients together
Tada!  You have yourself some delicious garlic, cheese, creamy, chunky yummy potatoes of deliciousness!  



I apologize again for not having measurements, I was pretty much caught off guard by the beef going bad and I've made potatoes enough that I didn't need a recipe.  In the future though I will provide you with measurements.  If you absolutely require them just let me know and I'll do my best to give them to you


Until tomorrow, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment